FAQ Connexion
Rechercher Profil
Membres Groupes
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés
S’enregistrer
michael-strahan-authentic-jersey
les cobras Index du Forum  » les cobras  » Bureau de Recrutement  » michael-strahan-authentic-jersey
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
gsnoopy

Message Posté le: Mer 28 Mar - 09:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: michael-strahan-authentic-jersey
Répondre en citant

NEW YORK - For Ayanna Jesse Puljujarvi Jersey , getting a haircut at her local barbershop in New York City meant having to fend off unwanted advances from the barber.

"He knew that I was gay but every time I went in he would constantly hit on me and try to take me out," said Ayanna, a 22-year-old student at a New York City college who declined to give her full name to protect her privacy.

A petite girl sporting short, androgynous hair, Ayanna said she started looking online for barbers friendly to the lesbian, gay Connor McDavid Jersey , bisexual, transgender (LGBT) community to avoid similar uncomfortable situations.

This is how she found Camera Ready Kutz, a barber service run by entrepreneur Khane Kutzwell that caters to the grooming needs of LGBT people in New York City and beyond.

Kutzwell, 43, started cutting hair in 2007, after many of her friends in the LGBT community complained about how difficult Edmonton Oilers T-Shirts , and at times unpleasant, it was to get a haircut at their local barbershop if one didn't conform to gender norms.

"I have complaints that are posted on my Facebook page. I just recently got one from a trans male who keeps getting called 'she' instead of 'he'," Kutzwell told the Thomson Reuters Foundation while cutting hair in her Brooklyn apartment.

Neighborhood barbershops have a reputation as strongholds of machismo, and can be daunting for gay women, Kutzwell said. Women complain about not getting the haircut they want or of being refused service when they ask for a short, "boy-like" do.

As her business grows Edmonton Oilers Hoodie , she is looking to expand beyond the walls of her apartment and open her own shop.

"What I want is to have a space where you can find all the main queer hair professionals, in one spot."

For now, she cuts hair in the back room of her apartment, equipped with a bright red barber's chair, brushes laid on a wooden table, and a variety of clippers hanging on the wall.

Barbershops are usually cheaper than hair salons and use different styling techniques and tools Customized Oilers Jersey , Kutzwell said.

'JUST A PERSON'

Born in Trinidad and Tobago, Kutzwell emigrated to the United States as a young child and settled with her family in New York City's seaside Far Rockaway neighborhood.

She said she grew up feeling like she belonged to both genders but her family always accepted and respected her chosen identity.

"There's a term that I made up called trans-entity (which) just means that I'm a person on this earth who continuously transitions," said Kutzwell.

In the United States and beyond, a growing movement views gender as a complex, mainly psychological phenomenon in which a person's external anatomy is no longer the defining factor.

Many of Kutzwell's customers identify as genderqueer, defined as someone who doesn't conform to gender norms. But Kutzwell said her clientele includes people from all backgrounds Edmonton Oilers Jersey , sexual orientations, races and creeds, including members of Brooklyn's large Orthodox Hasidic Jewish community.

"You're providing a service...My personal opinion is it doesn't matter - unless you ask me - what kind of haircut I think you should get."
The issues of drug abuse and addiction are something that touch more families in the UK than many of us know. Unfortunately, the UK has seen a significant rise in drug and alcohol use that has left us scrambling to provide the care people need to overcome addiction issues. Two of the options we offer are detox and rehab. Yet despite what you may think, the two options are different.

In the simplest terms, detox is a standalone treatment option designed to break the physical addiction to a specific substance. In most cases Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Oilers Jersey , it can be accomplished in about seven days. Rehab is different in that it deals with the body and the mind. Rehab does include detox as part of an overall programme, but the psychotherapeutic treatments involved go above and beyond physical addiction.

Here are three ways drug rehab and detox is decidedly different:

1. Short-Term Versus Long-Term

The detox process is a very short-term strategy meant to deal with physical addiction. Because it can be completed in about a week, some drug abusers and addicts prefer to go that route in order to minimise the disruption of treatment. They can schedule a week off from work, attend detox, and get back to work the following week.

Rehab is a long-term strategy that requires a greater time commitment. The average programme offered by drug rehab clinics in Europe takes between 4 and 12 weeks to complete. After that, recovering drug abusers will spend anywhere from three to 12 months receiving aftercare support services.

Despite the time commitment involved Oscar Klefbom Oilers Jersey , comprehensive drug rehab usually achieves better results than detox alone. Complete rehab deals with the individual as a whole person – body, mind, and spirit – rather than just as a physical creature.

2. Long-Term Goals

The differences in long-term goals are significant between the two therapies. Where detox is concerned, no clear long-term goal exists because the point is to simply get the user to stop taking drugs. However, detox does nothing to prevent relapse in the future. That is why so many drug addicts in the UK go through detox numerous times without an actual life change.

The long-term goal of rehab is one of preventing relapse by teaching the drug user how to live life to its fullest without using drugs. A rehab clinic that is successfully doing its job does not ever want to see a client a second time – unless it is because the recovering drug addict has returned to help others.

3. Sources of Treatment

Anyone in need of drug detox in the UK can access it free of charge from the NHS. Detox can be accessed on an inpatient, outpatient Kailer Yamamoto Oilers Jersey , or home basis, depending on individual circumstances. However, the NHS does not . Wholesale Team Canada Jerseys   Cheap Browns Jerseys   Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys   Wholesale Falcons Jerseys   Wholesale Dallas Cowboys Jerseys   Wholesale Indianapolis Colts Jerseys   Wholesale Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys   Wholesale Arizona Cardinals Jerseys   Wholesale Denver Broncos Jerseys   Wholesale Buffalo Bills Jerseys 

Publicité

Message Posté le: Mer 28 Mar - 09:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
les cobras Index du Forum  » les cobras  » Bureau de Recrutement  » michael-strahan-authentic-jersey
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation

Solaris phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson
Copyright © Jakob Persson 2003